Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Doll Making 101

I made my first Waldorf doll last week, she turned out so nice!  I found the best tutorial for making the head and body, for the nose I used this tutorial, and based the hair on this tutorial. I had everything I needed in my stash, except for the fabric for the outside body.  I used an organic bamboo spandex blend.  It was quite thin so you can kind of see through it, next time I will try two layers.  I made the pattern by looking at the picture in the body tutorial.  The doll is stuffed with wool and a wool/mohair blend.  I was originally going to use the yarn for the hair for a teapot cozy but I always wanted to make a doll with colorful hair! 

Next doll I'll do my own step by step picture tutorial.  I had to fill in a few blanks from the picture tutorial but for the most part it was really simple to follow along.

 

M snuggling with the doll head


luckily I had some vintage doll clothes that fit perfect!





2 comments:

  1. I love the doll! I think she's absolutely wonderful!
    - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your body will forever at the ideal temperature. It's also can be challenging to manage all that Best Weighted Blanket Reviews and Buying Guide [2018] - Family Cookware whilst sewing, as a sewing machine can't pull that additional weight, it ought to be supported.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...