Saturday, December 10, 2011

I wish

So I had the option in fashion school to take a machine knitting class. Most of the things I saw people working on in that class didn't look too exciting. Of course the instructor had to cover lots of basics and techniques and those looked quite boring to me. I never heard of anyone wearing the things they had constructed in machine knitting, so I thought it would be a waste of time for me.

Yesterday I was at the One of a Kind Show in Vancouver with some friends and I found an artist who makes incredible socks, im Strang is her company. Wool socks, silk cashmere socks, cotton socks, striped socks and not to mention many dresses and sweaters also done by machine knit. If I knew of all the things a knitting machine could do I would have given the class a second thought. I probably won't take it up now, (maybe another day or year) but I remain very impressed and a proud supporter. (There is a pair under the tree for me thanks to a special someone!)

IMG_2164.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...